If you’re considering a kitchen and bath renovation for your senior care living facility, it’s important to have a clear plan in place to ensure the project goes smoothly. To help you get started, here is a checklist of things to consider:
- Determine your budget: Before you start planning any renovations, it’s important to have a clear budget in mind. This will help you make informed decisions about what renovations are possible, and what you may need to prioritize.
- Assess the needs of your residents: The kitchen and bathroom are two of the most important rooms in any senior care living facility. It’s essential to assess the needs of your residents to ensure that the renovations you make are practical and will meet their needs.
- Consider accessibility: As people age, it’s common for mobility to become more limited. When planning a kitchen and bath renovation, it’s important to consider how you can make these spaces more accessible for your residents. This can include things like installing grab bars, non-slip flooring, and accessible sinks and countertops.
- Choose durable materials: When renovating a kitchen and bath in a senior care living facility, it’s important to choose materials that are durable and easy to clean. This will help ensure that the space continues to look fresh and new, even with heavy use.
- Don’t forget about lighting: Proper lighting is essential in any kitchen and bath, but it’s especially important in a senior care living facility. Make sure to consider the lighting needs of your residents, and choose fixtures that provide bright, even illumination.
By following this checklist, you can ensure that your kitchen and bath renovations in your senior care living facility are a success. If you are doing many kitchens and baths, hire a professional contractor like Island Renovations. We can carefully plan for the needs of your residents, and together, we can create a space that is functional, comfortable, and welcoming.
Island Renovations is conveniently located in Monmouth County and services all parts of New Jersey and the tri-state area. Call (732) 851-4915 or click here!